Minor: Submission Post






Title of project: It's Just A Thought

The concept of this project is to explore my perspective of sleep anxiety and overthinking through a narrative acted out by two opposing characters. Presenting it through a metaphor allows me to give the characters traits and contrasting appearances rather than focusing on the metaphors and myself alone. Another aspect of it is to combine 2D animation with 3D models, I want to combine the two mediums to make a authentic digital form of animation where there still trances of hand made art in the form of animated visuals and Backgrounds. Another part of this concept.

The goals for this minor project were to have fully textured and rigged character models ready for animating and additional rigging, along with additional concepts and visual tests. However throughout this project i ran into minor errors with skinning which caused a minor setback. The agreed outcomes were to have an animatic with SFX and voice acting, some music samples created by my music composer, digital sets, UV'd and textured, textured and rigged models, completed animated assets and a making of. So far I have achieved below half of what was agreed, although it satisfies me more that I have a rigged character proving that Rigging the next will be much quicker as I have the right knowledge now to apply to avoid the same errors.

Premise Submission Post: 

Comments