Premise - New Animatic Shots and Abstract Visual Cuts

Ever since Monday's feedback I've been continuing my work on my animatic, I'm currently at the turning point of my aniamtic and decided to approach it in a different way compared to my previous shots. This part of the animation is very important as it's very fast pacing and I want the visuals to go completely out of control as the sounds would do, It's just a matter of what goes where and when in terms of visuals, currently I have more scrap pieces of paper depicting my plans further which I will scan and piece together tomorrow, currently it's a matter of fast pace drawing and trying to get down as many abstract cuts as possible (These abstract cuts will flash on screen as a transition to the next visual and also move along with the sounds aswell)





The way I plan to animate these visuals are through After effects and basic 2D animation, an example I can find is from Edgar Wright's Scott Pilgrim Vs the World (2010), which has the same sort of visuals I'm aiming for in terms of the abstracts I'm currently developing below. If I wanted to, I could create these visuals in the same technique the title sequence Scott Pilgrim was made in, which involved scratching onto painted sheets of acetate with some minor digital adjustments to fit the music. Though I would want to practice this over the summer holiday possibly.







Comments

  1. Nice - reminds me of the work of Stan Brakhage...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaGh0D2NXCA

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment