Premise - Assets and Background Thumbnails

Today I've been experimenting with various textures and background thumbnails for my animation short. I've been exploring various abstract art to try and express the idea of pure chaotic colourful amalgamations that could fit in with the overload section of my animation.

What I like most about some of these designs is that they kind of represent those kitsch designs you would usually find on bus seats, and arcade or bowling alley carpets. I've received feedback similar to this and it makes me happy that it's heading in that direction, I want these designs to embody un-comfort and crazy emotions to communicate properly.




This part of experimentation reminds me of the kind of stuff I'd usually experiment with in college, but with more traditional methods so I hope to take these designs further with those methods over the summer.

Next, my plan with these designs is to make enough so I can pick a hand full to animate in after effects and then bring into Maya as an animated texture.

Comments