Premise - Update on Experiments, Soundscape and Initial Concept Sketches

This week hasn't been the best week in terms of productivity as I have been letting myself think more bout my approach in terms of dialogue and overall progression. Overall I've pondered in some more experimenting continued from last week, along with some sound design and some small doodles to familiarise myself with my character/dummy.


Experiment 4

Experiment 2

Here are the experiments from last week, at the moment it isn't much  but I am learning a lot more new things about Maya, last week I thought I had to rig a piece of geometry for experiment 4 but as it shows I can apply a lattice to the motion path my piece of geometry is on, so I think I'm going to play around with the 4th experiment more!



For the past week I've been secretly playing around with sound design by recording various noises and recording people saying certain lines for me. It's been very fun as I've never gotten into sound editing fully but the whole blindness of it just helps me discover new things within the audition program.



I've also been looking into Norman McLaren's work in terms of timing and animation with music, La Merle is very intriguing in terms of the birds movements along with the music and how that effects his shape and limbs when he starts to subtract and multiply. It's something i want to try and apply to my animation, the movement with the music and the intensity of it.


Steve Reich is another composer I've had my eye on in terms of repeated sounds mixed in with instrumentals, It has a good mixture and shows that any sound can be repeated into a rhythm which is exactly what I'm aiming for with my Sound design, hopefully later in the project I can work closely with a composer and collaborate with recorded sounds and instrumentals as well.




As a small extra I've been chipping away at concept pieces for my character, so far I think she needs some readjustments in terms of her body shape, but I'll discover more as I draw along the way!

Comments