Premise - Experiments 3 & 4 progress

After my OGR I fund that I wasn't experimenting enough, so I've decided to upload screenshots of what I've got so far. I should usually be taking screenshots already to show my progression, but this will also be helpful to receive feedback on how I can improve and learn new things.

Lattice Deform

Twist Deform

I've been having trouble with the 3rd experiment, I haven't really used the Maya standard render that much but for this experiment it's important for the doorway to have a light stretching across the floor (the floor has a 'Use Background' texture so that's how the the floor silhouette is able to stretch across) but I can't get this silhouette on the bed so a separate spotlight light is also used so it can create that stretch effect. The problem I have is that no textures are showing up on the Placeholder model ( I put a separate light on the model and put a Lambert on it) So I'll have to continue trouble shooting this or find an alternative approach so the texture shows up on the render.


Below is my 4th experiment that I started yesterday, I wanted to try and see what I can do when I combine Maya and After affects, currently I'm working on the maya side, here you can see I've made a motion path and tweaked it to wrap around the Placeholder model.





What I want to show with that play blast is the geometry is stiff when it follows the Motion path so I'm going to have to rig the geometry or put some sort of deformer on it so it can curve along with the motion path.

Comments