Premise - Animatic Work in Progress @Phil @Alan

For the past couple of days I've been focusing on my animatic and voice over, both have been quite challenging as I've been working on them instinctively. It has been fun though, for the voice over I've been trying to recreate an improv conversation, but it doesn't work  well with myself, so I'm going to record someone else as the responding character, once I'm happy with the recording I can stitch them together and write out a transcript so I can clean up some of the lines.

I've applied the same unplanned approach to the animatic so it's also just as instinctive. I have a handful of shots that were not used within this unfinished version and some gaps where other shots will need to created in order to add. I will continue with just that and slowly clean and polish my animatic and transcript as I go along.

My voice over sounds a bit too serious at the moment as I tried communicate a worried and scared character, I will play more around with the tone of my voice when I make more.

Comments

  1. Well done, Meg - this was brave of you! Just seeing the relationship between the words and the images in the first part was very clarifying - and there are already some stand-out moments - so the face-off between you and the 'big eye' - good stuff. It's not that your voice-over is too serious, but I do think we need 'light and shade' - a sense perhaps of you looking at yourself from much further away - as if fascinated - and as I've said before, being able to link your brain fireworks to the 'creative act' - I think this is where the 'light' is... anyway, well done for 'going there!' - I think, in addition to this talk-track, you should investigate sound-design even at this early stage. Just use this animatic to further understand 'what this is'.... but let me tell you, this is already something...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed - Well done Meg. A big step forward in figuring this out. As Phil say's more perspective (Light/Shade) in your dialogue would help.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment