Premise - More initial ideas, Examples & Animated WIP

 Last week I've been refining more Thumbnails so I can narrow down a handful to play with in Maya, as Phil suggested, it would be very useful to test some of these in Maya but when I spoke with Alan I wanted to try and develop more before I brought some into Maya to test out. Right now, my character isn't fully developed so when I have enough initial ideas I can then think about the character design.

Initial Sketches 11 - 13

Initial Sketches 14 - 20
I've also been looking into my old sketchbooks for a particular page where I once wrote my thoughts on a time when I couldn't sleep, i expressed a lot of worry and concern about the moment and I believe it correlates to my process of overthinking. Within it I explain my concern of not hearing anything and wanting to hear something so I can feel safe, but I later say I hear things that also make me feel very uncomfortable which overall, is an example of my infinite worrying.

Old journal drawing from 2017
I've also attempted a 2D animation thumbnail that Phil recommended, I feel that the one I've produced it a bit too abstract and may need a little but more work to have more of a meaning.


I think for the future I'd like to attempt morph animation to illustrate the metaphors of overthinking so below are some examples that are the type of style I'd be aiming to do, this would be a perfect opportunity to dust up on my 2D Animation a bit more.





Comments

  1. I think abstraction is fine, Meg, as part of your recipe... just in terms of Maya - I wasn't expecting you to think in terms of characters, I was wondering if you could just use it to create quickly (via duplication/rotation/intersecting) some interesting 'head traffic' imagery? 3D abstract thumbnails, sort of in this ballpark?

    https://www.tate.org.uk/whats-on/tate-modern/exhibition/duchamp-man-ray-picabia/explore-exhibition/room-3-movement

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see what you mean there Phil! Kinda like when you look at all the animation frames altogether? I'll try this out!

      Delete

Post a Comment