Premise - Experiments & Thumbnails 21 - 37

These past couple of days I have been developing more thumbnails for my Premise project and based on my talk with Alan today I am now moving on to experimenting in Maya. So far, I am actually enjoying this process and can't wait to see what kind of other results I come up with with other thumbnails.

I used the Max model as a base for now, hopefully along the way I can give my dummy character some features, I know I've spoken about Character design but it isn't going to be as refined as it sounds, What I'm trying to say is, I'll experiment more in my thumbnails with how simple I can make the character look so it can at least exist in other spaces i'm hoping to move this sequence to. (See thumbnail 27 & 28) So it's not necessarily going to involve a character bible but it's just tiny tweaks I could make to the character dummy.



Another interesting thing Alan pointed out is that I can still take up character Design separately from the project in my own time, and if the opportunity comes, possibly take character design into my Major/Minor Project, but we'll see where my current premise is headed as it's going to involve a lot of experimenting with different media.

I will have to take into consideration how I will interpret a handful of these thumbnails, what kind of tools could I use in Maya to represent certain features the way I want to? Will 2D be involved? will 2D mix with 3D? These are the kind of questions i will be asking myself the further I develop this Experiments.

For now, I'll be working on more experiments of my thumbnails and also figure out the tones and rhythm that his short will have. By next week I should have a dummy character with some unique small characteristics, more thumbnails but focusing on other settings (such as actual spaces, other body parts and close ups etc.) and a few more Experiments.
Thumbnails 21 - 27
Thumbnails 27-31


Thumbnails 32 - 37

Comments

  1. oh yes, I really like that first set of drawn thumbnails - very evocative and I'd just to see them modelled in their own right without too much more finessing or 'pipe-lining' - there's this technique favoured by the surrealists for accessing their raw subconsciousness...

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surrealist_automatism

    You might have already seen this animation, but for sheer energy ...

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surrealist_automatism

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment