Toolkit 2 - Character Design Expressions & Redesign

So in today's character design class we learnt about character expression and following Justin's feedback I resigned my character a bit and gave her some colour. I think I am now starting to settle into the filmation style now with how the colours are, I just need to transition that into the environment. I'd like to develop further gesture poses for her and polish her expression sheet more.

Bailey Redesign
Style inspiration
 An interesting thing Justin pointed out was the transition between Bailey's mood before and after she has been pushed around, say if her glasses broke when being pushed that would really show a darker side to her, I added the glasses and headband to Bailey's new design to help show her before side so her after side has an individual appearance to her anger.
Bailey's rough expression sheet

These are exercises form this mornings Expression class, exploring how muscles convey emotion effectively, the fist exercise I had to create an emotion with two separate expressions using aversion and sternness. The second exercise involved giving an inanimate object emotions, I got a toilet which I found quite a challenge but apparently there were many emotions I can convey with toilets.





Comments

Post a Comment