Fantastic Voyage - Test Renders


Light is very important for my animation, therefore I'm trying to test how everything looks as I go along, of course I haven't applied all the colours and textures yet and I will get around to that. For now here are some still renders of what I have at the moment, these are testing out the materials I've been using so far. Surface Shaders and Phong seem to be a good combination in terms of reflection, there is also a slight glow to the surface Shaders but i plan to do separate renders of those so i am able to key them better and play more with he Glow option in AE.

From left to right: Surface shader, Phong, Phong with a Mesh Light

Here is a test render of the Pin Balls, testing out some materials I had in mind. If i were to go with a surface Shader ball i could give it that light it deserves - Now I am aware that making the ball more blood cell like would back it more accurate to the scenario but my aim is to make it more visually abstract, so: the body of a pinball machine but the function of the circulatory system.
My next step is to combine the Surface Shader and the Phong materials together in AE as the ball will be changing it's colour once it loses oxygen.

Comments

Post a Comment