FSTS - Influence Maps

Old Man
For my main character I want to exaggerate his body shape and include dynamic emotion, to really show his reactions and emotions to certain events in my story, based off from this influence map i actually started some head shot thumbnails for his appearance. 
I like to think of him as a very classy gentleman but has been consumed by his collecting addiction since his retirement of archaeology. I'm also thinking of naming him Arthur, depending on what personality i come up for him it will affect his appearance. He's really a quiet person but has a sort of edge to him. I'll need to further develop this though through more thumbnails.

Location
In terms of Location and Time I think placing this character in the countryside of England would fit to his inward lifestyle since he is quite to himself so this idea of isolation fits to why he is snug and well fitted with his belongings and really his only distraction, and for the time of year i was thinking more modern time but still traditional since it's placed in the countryside.  In terms of the collection i want to portray it as quite crowded with barely any room to be seen so that the character himself is surrounded but able to get around.

Collection & Furniture Props
Beforehand I already gathered influences of Archaeology themes and it would be nice to think that since his retirement he would have kept some of his equipment and newspaper clippings up around the house along with some souvenirs from old trips. In terms of furniture there would be a hint of class in these props but of course having them look quite ragged and used to show that Our character pays less attention to this furniture - as someone before him would focus on this...

Next I will start looking into concept ideas for the magpie, key collectables and the woman figure.

Comments

  1. Yes, I love these - they've got that lovely packed quality - and Englishness too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment