What If? Metropolis - Progression

This week has mainly been tackling the Uv's of my buildings and boy has it been an adventure!
I'm sure it's not always common to have a Uv texturing go well straight away, but in my terms I've been making it a habit of re texturing the harder to models - i think the hardest part for my builds is that for the more smoother one's there are no edges to hide seams - luckily i can hide them in my scene!
Here's my progress on the craft tower, i made the shells by using either the deform nonlinear bend or by manually doing it via vertex. Overall i believe the Uv's are looking okay so far

in terms of seams i did have a test texture of the observatory, sadly i don't have the screenshot of the actual texture on the model since i decided to re-texture, currently i'm trying to map it out so the seams are hidden on a side of the building where it won't be seen - I'd say that this building has been the most difficult for me so far in terms of modelling and texturing, and since it's my hero prop i have to test and find out ways in which it will work.



Here are the rest of the models i'm currently working on, the houses need re-adjusting in terms of their windows which are quite difficult to work with, but since they're small in the scene i don't think there will be much of a difference.
 I plan to start making texture pallets by going back to my influence maps, i want to go more with a painterly texture and with my knowledge with maya so far i fear that will take that away from me - and this could be in terms of lighting and materials so i will have to focus on making manipulating maya more so my scene doesn't look basic and that the textures that i've made speak more for the scene.


Comments