What if? Metropolis - Observatory Glass - Phong or Lambert? Feedback Please!

Observatory glass with Lambert Material  
Observatory Glass with Phong Material

I don't want to rely on Maya textures too much for the making of my city, but in this case the observatory's glass window has to give off some sense of reflection, as much as I would like to paint the reflections texture it just feels too soft, I decided to try out the Phong Material and it seems to communicate the reflections well, though it seems too realistic, not sure if i can play around with it more to make it feel less realistic and more towards the painterly style in my textures..


Comments

  1. Hey Meg - Alan just took a look at this and said this... 'Yes to Phong, but dial it down and also think about diffusing the highlight' - just to soften the shine factor. It looks nice, but it's too pristine and tidy and shiny! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment