What if? Metropolis - Crit Presentation & Reflective Statement




Reflective Statement

Throughout my time on this project my goal was keeping to art direction in terms of my collaborator, whose work was very curvy, organic and simplistic which i felt was challenging to convey through Maya but also interesting due to my final result. I'd say what I struggled most with is the UV mapping since my buildings were so smooth and most of them didn't involve many edges. Though over time i adjusted to this and found out ways to cope with merging seams through texturing and so on.

Overall I believe I have a clear understanding of Maya and have kept close to my Art Direction and didn't let Maya do it for me in terms of Shaders and Materials, I feel that it's very stylised and shows more of my own efforts when it's put together. To improve further in the future i'd Like to know more ways i could use Maya to make more stylised models (something like Eran Hilleli's work).

Comments