What If? Metropolis - Test 1 Observatory + Texture UV Planning

Polygonal state

Today I've been test modelling the Observatory which has probably the most difficult so far, though playing around with it has helped me adjust to Maya more, i have a loose grip of the observatory's shape its just a matter of staying in line with the orthographics and making sure the verticies are in line with eachother.


I've also ran into a small problem with the centre vertex where in the smoothed subdivision it looks slightly pinched and I've found myself going back to it and re adjusting the edges and vertexes but it still remains. A solution to this could be I delete the faces around the single vertex and fill the hole which could improve it.


I've also tried using soft selection which has helped when I work in the smoothed Subdivision mode. I don't plan to rely on it for all my buildings maybe only for this model and the Crafting Towers shells.


I then began to test UV Mapping which at this stage isn't really necessary since I should work on blocking out my actual scene and test my other buildings - but I got curious and wanted to play around with the UV Mapping. Sadly my computer couldn't handle this stage and crashed so I lost the chance to fully explore how I would form the Uv mapping which I feel will also be difficult. then again I'm sure to many way to tackle this.



My plan for the texturing is to have painted textures for the glass (Pink) and the main body of the building (Purple). My question is how i'll wrap the UV map around the main body, this is because I don't have much knowledge around UV Mapping yet and the observatory doesn't really have any edges, I'm not saying it's impossible but it's something i'll have to look into again later.

Comments

Post a Comment