What If? Metropolis - Sketch up ideas

For the past couple of days I've been taking notes on how I can approach modelling my buildings in Maya. I've talked to Simon and Jordan about many other ways I could tackle it, involving soft selection, deform settings and basically just playing around with Maya. See, Martin Puryear's work revolves heavily around organic textures but more importantly smooth surfaces and it's important that i communicate this in my city. I want to be able to find a method that's easy and involves less geometry but enough for a strong structure.



I have started testing out some of the methods in Maya, it's literally a method of playing about with possible ways I can approach it efficiently. I think the difficult parts to model would be the Observatory and the Craft Towers Shells, so these will be my main focuses since I will be using methods I haven't been taught yet, which I find challenging but also interesting.

Comments

Post a Comment