What if? Metropolis - Shot test


I thought that it would be a good idea to start blocking out the shape of Vanlig with basic geometry and start testing the effectiveness of my fish eye perspective, which is achievable but at this point I'm unsure of how to get that. The closest I can get to the idea of that is the Focal Length in the camera setting and i find that setting it to around about 10 to 15 gives a sense of perspective but doesn't distort it too much. It pretty much stretches the perspective rather than make it seem like it's rounded outwards.

I heard from Simon there is a way to get a fish eye perspective in Maya and I also feel I could achieve it with after affects also. For now I just need to focus on more model testing, things like the UV texturing and the perspective shot I can come back to after I've played with how to approach the other main buildings.

Comments

Post a Comment