What If? Metropolis - Production Thumbnails & Concept Art Process


More Production stuff! this time it's based more around the Vanlig's environment, I'm looking more into natural textures and trying to outline the landscapes colour palette, I still feel i need more development in regards of the city's buildings and various components such as lamp posts, material baskets, vegetable patches and so on.

Another interesting thing that's been pointed out to me is how the people transport their materials when they gather so much and venture out so far. Simon mentioned that out in the mountain sides they could have out posts; from here the inhabitants would load the gathered materials in carts and transport it from the out post to Vanlig via cable cart or rope (?). If i were to develop this in Maya the Out posts will be image planes and the rope used to transport materials would be modelled with the CV Curve tool.
Concept art Work in Progress

So far I am starting to grow confidence in Vanlig's design, my only worry is the outcome of it's composition in Maya, but I don't think i should worry about it right now, I should really be focusing on my concept art's outcome, seeing as it is now i believe there are some areas I can improve on since my time producing production art.

Comments

  1. Absolutely - worry not about the 'how' at this stage - just establish a strong characterful design - and then be prepared to fight tooth and nail for it when production begins! Really like your 'rocks' - not just grey blobs at all! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment