Vänlig Concept Art Progress - Feedback Please!


So far I have the basic shapes down for the buildings, they just need refining. I like the direction this is going in i just feel there could be other colours going on or i could use some of the greener colours to bounce off of the buildings. My only problem is that he observatory seems to be blending in with the background, i may need to change the colour of the sky which could possibly change the whole mood of the scene since the water plane will reflect from that, or i can change the observatory colour, but would that lose it's theme also?

The perspective isn't as exaggerate as i wanted it to be, but I'm sure when I find out how to turn the set into more of a fish eye perspective in Maya it'll work more. Overall I should re shape the buildings around the observatory which could help convey the fish eye perspective more.

Comments

  1. I think you need to also crisp up some of the little architectural elements that tell us how surfaces are joined or fabricated - actual window elements; actual detailing etc. At the moment, everything here is made of the same 'stuff' - so soft impressionism; if you began to deal a bit more with the nuts and bolts of your fabrication, I think you'd start to pull your observatory into greater focus and away from the 'same stuff' of the sky etc. In terms of colour - I think you need to think about using the notion of the reflected light from the water to up-light/rim-light the architecture - I think you could think of using colour a bit more cinematically in this way.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment