Invisible Cities - Final Crit Presentation & Reflective Statement




Reflective Statement

My experience throughout this project has been quite interesting. It involved a lot of time planning and organising and for a first project I believe it went well! Throughout the beginning I felt I had to work at a certain standard, for example the thumbnails, but I found that the more I did the more I realised I didn't need to make them finished paintings. Whats interesting to me is my journey with the making of Moriana, I didn't have very solid thumbnails at first but when i read more into it i found a different meaning than before, I was captivated by one side of Moriana's face which was a cover up to it's true form and when I discovered that I was more drawn to it and you can see through my influences and developments how the themes I initially planned had become darker. Overall I believe changing my image of Moriana proved as a good thing, it showed improvement and adjustment and I also feel more confident in creating thumbnails. To improve though I feel my that the amount of content wasn't enough and I should have produced more for other parts of Moriana, that way i would have had a stronger concept.

Comments