Summer Project 2017: #1 - 30

My first post on this blog is my journey through this summer project! honestly, starting it was a bit rough and stressful but eventually i got a good routine going. I've never done anything like this but i'm really enjoying it so far!


Here I was taking parts of the image and trying to form them into objects and characters I could visualise, i feel like this was a good way to start it off before i became more independent with my concepts. I also tried silhouettes which helped me adding separate features from the references i created.


You can see here i started using images on their own and visualise forms based on the objects features i referenced, a good example is No. 19 which is based on the theme of lifeforms. The object i referenced is quite slim and curvy so i made my concept similar to its feature, that being very fluid like. The object also had a line of action, so i exaggerated that in my concept.


Eventually, i started looking at the references and drew up concepts based from memory and whatever i saw i drew out and the outcomes were actually going well. I definitely see something developing here and seeing my visualisation skills becoming more innovative and independent. I can't wait to continue this further and see what else i come up with through out this summer!


Comments

  1. Loving some of these, Megan! (Meg?) :D Looks like you've hit your flow nicely!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment