Major Submission Post


Minor Colour Flash Warning between 3:07 and 3:23



Title: It's Just A Thought 

What is the concept?
"The concept of this project is to explore my perspective of sleep anxiety and overthinking through a narrative acted out by two opposing characters. Presenting it through a metaphor allows me to give the characters traits and contrasting appearances rather than focusing on the metaphors and myself alone. Another aspect of it is to combine 2D animation with 3D models, I want to combine the two mediums to make a authentic digital form of animation where there still trances of hand made art in the form of animated visuals and Backgrounds." - Minor Submission

What were the goals for the Major Project?
Shortly after Minor, the goal was to get everything up to speed in order to be ready with animating, and of course have a animated short ready by hand in, during animating I may have but off more than I could chew (more details in the reflective statement) so as a result I had a slow start coming into animation, thinking about it now I may have not been able to meet the original goals that were set for the original deadline, and even with the current goals as they are now I believe I have achieved more than I had planned.

What were the 'agreed' outcomes for the project?
The agreed outcome originally was to have a fully animated short with everything complied in along with the 2D visuals composited in, however due to the current circumstances of the pandemic, changes were made to help ease the transition of the situation. So, instead of the visuals composited into the post-vis there is an example visualisation as an alternative, so the next shots with visuals will be developed during the rendering stage. This counts for the 2D animated sequence as of right now the current sequence is a placement edition to visually show of the colour and theme.


Premise Submission Post: 

Minor Submission Post: 

Comments